Monday, November 9, 2009

too many appointments

I saw my psychiatrist and counsellor today, and realised that this isn't a good idea. One of the reasons I'm with this psychiatrist is that she does do counselling, but it's a very different style from regular counselling, so I think that at least for now I need to keep working with the counsellor as well, even though I've found it quite difficult.

I think I probably have quite a difficult personality for counselling, when I'm asked what I want to acheive by the sessions, my usual response is "I don't know, that's why I'm here". I feel that if I knew what I wanted to acheive I wouldn't need a counsellor to help me acheive it, though I think that is a very simplistic view of things.

I really need to fit exercise into my schedule, there are two problems with making an effort to walk more, the rain and the fact that I do still have pelvic instability, 20 minutes at a brisk pace can really set some pain off it those areas. I know what has worked for me in the past, but that's also something difficult to organise and finance, pilates is the type of exercise that works for me, but I have enough needs that group classes are not ideal. I also am not keen to put Grace in gym daycare, it's supposed to be well child, but with incubation periods of various illnesses that doesn't help much, I've got to figure it out, but I need some help with getting effective pain relief whilst I do that.

No comments: