Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sleepy Grace

I really hope this isn't a consequence of the ambien I took last night, but Grace slept for almost 4 hours this morning, then fed, had an hour of being awake and happy then zonked out again. Maybe she is catching up for yesterday when she didn't really nap at all, or maybe she is fighting a virus. I checked "Medication and Mother's Milk" and it says it's undetectable in breastmilk 4-5 hours after taking it, she didn't feed until about 9 hours after I took.

Problem is, if it's a virus she could continue this behaviour for a few days, so it could take a week or so to determine if it's the ambien, because I don't want to discontinue it based on one day.

As far as I can tell, the only harm from infant drowsiness is that they are not awake to absorb the world around them and do the developing they need to do, so I feel reasonably confident that a week of figuring it out won't harm her. The conservative approach would be to not take the ambien tonight, but I feel so much better today, even without having taken the extra adderall this afternoon, that I really don't want to do that. It seems to me like when you do something positive in recovery from depression that it gives you more boost than logically it would, but that the same is also true, make a backwards step and the fall is further.

No comments: