Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas

I'm finally starting to get my head round the need to actually think about and do some planning for Christmas. I'm finally accepting that the burden of planning and organising seems to fall on mums and what I make of it is going to create the memories the kids have for the rest of their lives.

For some reason when they woke up this morning they were all excited about presents, which seemed to come a bit out of the blue and bothered me a bit, but then getting presents is exciting, so then it bothered me that they probably won't have that many to unwrap. I actually rather like small presents and nik naks, I think on average they probably give more pleasure and if it misses the mark then it's not a great cost and maybe it will eventually find a good home. There are a few things around the house that were presents like that for me as a child which my children are now finding pleasure from.

Banana Girl and I went through photos from this year and picked out twelve, roughly one for each month. The intention is some kind of photo gift for family, but I can't decide whether or not to try and pull something together myself, or hunt around for somewhere I can upload them and get a calendar or something.

Maybe this year will be the year I actually manage to print out address labels, but realistically am I really going to overcome my hatred of printers, probably not!

No comments: