Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Reasons I blog

I've been reflecting on why I blog, originally, I started this blog to be an outlet during what I expected to be a difficult pregnancy. I kept it annonymous and shared it only with people I knew online and my husband. Somehow I failed to communicate that I didn't want people in real life, particularly my family and close friends to know about it. My family started reading, but I don't think it changed how or what I wrote, writing was still cathartic for me.

It then became as place I could share photos and news about the children as well and a good place to talk about crafty stuff, even though I know no one is holding me accountable to using up a ball of yarn each week, posting pictures and progress here does help me stick to that goal.

One of the benefits I've discovered in the past few days is the ability to go back and read what I've written, it's been good for me to track both negative and positive emotions. I know a diary could do that, but would I have kept a diary for over a year? Probably not, which is why I'm thankful for this blog and why for now it will continue to exist.

No comments: