Saturday, October 31, 2009

Good nutrition

I really don't eat a good diet, over the past few months I've got into some bad habits that it's time to change. Breakfast is my worst meal, mornings are such a struggle for me that I've been grabbing bars to eat, they are ok in terms of having a good amount of protein in them, but they do have artifical sweetners, one of them even has green vegetables somehow squashed into it. However, it's time to change, once the current boxes are done I need another plan for breakfast. I'm also trying to be realistic, I'm not going to eat something that takes lots of time to prepare.

I just put quinoa flakes on to cook in our little dipper crockpot, it's pretty bland and requires scrubbing out the crockpot afterwards, so it's not a solution for every morning, but it's a step in the right direction.

I'm also beginning to think about how we'll introduce solids to Grace, I'd prefer to let her lead the way, but that still requires us to put something in front of her to allow her to choose and I'm feeling surprisingly stumped for ideas considering we've done this twice before! Sausage Boy adored chunks of cheddar cheese, but I'm not sure that's something we want to do with Grace, I'm still musing over whether she has a dairy or other food sensitivity, so I think we probably need to be more cautious than with the other two, particularly as we completely failed to notice that Banana Girl was having a slight reaction to dairy until we were told to cut it out by a natropath and things improved!

No comments: