Sunday, September 20, 2009

Something I don't have a picture of!

It's difficult to picture pain, I started PT this week and I'm not sure that it's the right thing, I think I may need to wait until 6 months post partum. I went because I was having some abdominal pain that I was fairly confident was muscular, the PT agreed. The problem is that she wants me walking 20 mins on the treadmill as many day as possible, but I've noticed so far this week that my SI joints are painful the following day. My theory is that they are unstable, but not so unstable as to be a problem for slowish pottering around the house and the odd stroll around the neighbourhood to be a problem, but 20 minutes at a reasonable pace is enough steps to turn that instability into a bit of inflamation, so antinflamatories would be useful, but I'm allergic to them. Ice might also be good, but I really hate icing anywhere unless I'm in really intense pain and I know it would bring relief, this would be more of a precautionary icing after sessions. Even though Grace isn't very heavy I'm finding bits of my upper body getting unhappy with holding her at times. I think I need to be a bit more thoughtful and at times like today when I was wondering around with her at church, actually putting her in out baby carrier.

No comments: