Monday, September 28, 2009

Not the best way to spend an evening.

I've been struggling with a migraine since the middle of Saturday afternoon, I thought it was gone when we woke Sunday morning, but within a couple of hours it was back and Andrew had to take me home from church. The head and eye symptoms made me confident a migraine was the correct diagnosis, but it came with a lot worse sickness than I have experienced in the past. Fortunately we had some Zofran left from my last migraine, which was before I got pregnant with Grace.

I finally dozed off in the late afternoon only to wake feeling like an elephant had trodden on my chest. It took me a long time to summon up the courage to even move and I beeped Andrew on the internal phone. Of course the nurse line for our health insurance said call 911, but Andrew's mum as a retired doctor was confident that that wasn't necessary and going to the ER was really a matter of comfort rather than medical necessity.

With Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, I didn't feel confident leaving chest pain unchecked, though the end result was that the checks were fine and I got the same meds IV that I'd previously had orally and they did a much better job, I feel like a different person. I hope it really is over.

The follow up is to go back to my neurologist and talk about preventers which you take as soon as you feel one coming on. I need to talk to him about how my narcolepsy is being managed as well, so it's good timing.

Next week is a busy week with lots of appointments, thank goodness for Andrew's mum being here to take some of the load off.

No comments: