Friday, August 21, 2009

One more week before school starts!

I can't believe the summer holidays are nearly over and I can't decide whether that's a good or a bad thing! Grace will be 3 months old on Monday and on Tuesday it's our 7th wedding anniversary, doesn't time fly! It's hard to believe we've been married 7 years, there have been ups and downs, but I feel blessed to be married to Andrew and to have 3 beautiful children with him.

I need to sit down and figure out what we have to do before school starts, I already bought school supplies and I think we are ok for clothes and shoes. I think the main thing to figure out is all the places we have to be and when. We just got a letter today from Sausage Boy's school and there are at least two meetings next week we need to be at and a whole variety of dates in early September to figure out.

I'm really struggling with tiredness, drinking coffee in the morning hasn't really made much difference, so I think I'm going to have to go the medication route, which means I need to go talk to my neurologist again. I'm also trying to cut down on one of the medications I've been taking for depression as that may well be contributing to my sleepiness.

We had our homeowners association AGM last night and so we could both go, we took the kids, they were so good that they deserved a treat and that it would be knitting looms. Basically that is french knitting, but on a larger scale, you still knit a tube, but it's big enough to be a hat.

I'm also investigating buying a sewing table as a thirtieth birthday present, I looked at some in the store today and they are pricey, but look good quality. In case you are wondering why I would want such a thing, it's because you can set your machine in it and have the bed of the machine level with the table, which makes life a whole lot easier if you are dealing with large things, which as a quilter, I am. They also have leaves that allow you to increase the surface area, again, very useful for supporting a large quilt. However, they are pricey, we're talking more than the cost of my sewing machine, which wasn't exactly cheap!

No comments: