Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's been a while

My parents left today, things have changed a lot in the three weeks they've been here. Grace is a different baby, she started on zantac for reflux when they arrived and it's made a huge difference, she's still needy in the evenings, but not screaming and in pain.

Her milk transfer was ok some feeds, but not others when they arrived and all feeds started with me yelping in pain whilst we sorted out her latch. Now, I sometimes get slight pain and all the evidence points to her getting what she needs each feed.

As of yesterday, she weighs 9lb10oz, I feed her in the daytime and she gets one bottle in the middle of the night, due to my sleep medication.

I saw my neurologist last week and discussed starting on medication again to help with my daytime sleepiness. So far I haven't noticed any effects in Grace, which is good, but I'm also not getting such a good result as the same meds did a year ago. This creates a challenge as by the time school starts, I need to be able to get up in the morning to get Sausage Boy to school, but also pick him up in the mid afternoon, which seems to be when the medication is wearing off!

Tomorrow I'll be trying out a new dance fitness class, offered by the studio I take lessons at, I'm a bit concerned it might be too much, I don't want to end up injured, but I won't know if I don't try.

No comments: