Monday, August 10, 2009

I feel GOOD

Honestly, I'm amazed at how well I feel. My parents went home 6 days ago and I expected that I would have a blip in my mood, but I didn't and I feel like I coped fine looking after the children alone.

I took Grace to be weighed today, partly as an excuse to get out of the house, but also because I still don't feel entirely confident of my supply and her ability to transfer milk. She weighed 9lb14oz, which is 4oz up from last week, which is a gain our doctor would be happy with.

I also headed to the local yarn store as they were having a birthday sale, as it happened, the things I bought were on the clearance rack anyway, so unaffected by the sale. I bought some ribbon yarn in varigated purple, which will knit quickly into a fun scarf. I also bought some baby pink ribbon yarn that has holes down one side which allow you to knit is as a frill, by knitting into every 3rd hole, as demonstrated here. I want to use it to knit something for Grace, so I'm hunting for a pattern I can adapt, I think a bolero shape would be good.

My biggest problem now is sleep, one of my meds for depression, has sleepiness as a side effect, combine that with narcolepsy and I'm finding that I go to sleep very early for me, then easily sleep 10 hours and not feel bright and alert. Because of breastfeeding I'm trying to only take my alertness med once a day. I'm wondering if taking a flask of coffee to bed might be a good idea, then drinking it as soon as I wake up.

No comments: