Saturday, July 11, 2009

Zoo

We went to Woodland Park Zoo today, as did very many other people! However, even though the car parks were full, the level of business inside wasn't too bad, there were lots of people around, but generally at an exhibit if there wasn't space to be right at the fence initially, it would only be a couple of minutes.

We'd planned it as a trip with friends who have a 7 month old, I wasn't sure quite how he'd react to it, I remember taking Sausage Boy to a place with small animals when he was about 10 months and him being quite fascinated by the tortoises and rabbits. You don't get so close to larger animals though, so I don't think he noticed he was anywhere special!

I'm moderately sore after walking around, then sitting in the car, but compared to being pregnant or during recovery from Banana Girl's birth it was nothing. I'm pretty pleased with how my hip is, as before I got pregnant, it wasn't really as good as I'd hoped for the time after surgery, but it got better through the first 6 months or so of pregnancy and didn't worsen significantly after that.

I also felt some pain around my incision, apparently because of the type of stitches used internally, I should expect to feel some pulling pain inside upto around 6 months.

Moodwise this is possibly the best day since the birth, I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way as I have noticed a tendancy to have a lower mood day following a physically tiring day.

I got an email yesterday reminding me that it's normal for breastfed babies to feed more in warm weather. Grace is the opposite to this and sleeps, so I'm expecting poor weight gain when we next weigh her, she actually slept through the night last night, babies that only weigh eight and a bit pounds are too small to sleep through the night, so if she does it again we'll have to start setting an alarm, which will be a pain.

No comments: