Saturday, July 25, 2009

ow, tailbone

I first injured my tailbone when Banana Girl was born, amongst everything else, it was a minor trouble and went unnoticed for a while until one specific symptom was pinpointed to it.

Last year, when I flew to England for a wedding, I set it off again, but I can't remember what helped it most, time was certainly a factor as there was bruising that needed to heal, but it was also out of line.

Now it seems to have come back with a vengeance, but I haven't a clue what set it off, I suspect it's a rather more general case of previous injury, weakened pelvic floor and abdomen. I suppose I can't even be 100% sure it really originates with my tailbone as there are slight differences in symptoms to previously, for example, I don't have a problem with sitting, other than on a hard floor which wouldn't be comfortable anyway, but getting up from sitting is painful. Climbing stairs are also particularly bothersome.

It seems to be getting worse not better, so simply giving it time to heal from the unknown doesn't really make sense, but I'm not sure where to turn.

No comments: