Saturday, June 20, 2009

Scrapbooking Grace

I started scrapbooking when Sausage Boy was a baby and have produced a scrapbook for both him and Banana Girl as babies, along with ones for 2004, 2005, 2006 and started working backwards, including some pages with copies of very old photos.

When we moved here, I did manage to carry on, attending several Friday night crops at a local store, but when that store closed down, nearly two years ago, I didn't manage to keep scrapbooking in my schedule.

We look at the other scrapbooks fairly frequently, so I knew I definitely wanted to do one for Grace, so when I saw albums were 40% off this week and JoAnns, it seemed like a good time to get started. As Banana Girl's album is pink, I wanted to choose something different for Grace and I found one that combines purple with a pattern, it's girly, but not very babyish. I also found a stack of papers on sale and selected some card to go with them. Now I have the task of sorting through my other stuff to fine embellishments to go with them and to actually remember what tools I have to create lettering!

Fortunately photo printing is pretty easy, I upload them and get them printed in an hour at a local drugstore. She's less than a month old and I just ordered 36 pictures, so this could be quite a bulky scrapbook!

No comments: