Monday, June 22, 2009

The new plan

It's all change on the medication front, I'm now going to be taking Lexapro, the psychiatrist seems to think this is ok for breastfeeding, but I've seen information that suggests it makes babies sleepy, which would not be good, Grace is already a fairly sleepy baby.

I'm also increasing my dose of seroquel, it's mostly to help me sleep, but it should also boost my mood, this is not a good drug to be taking long term, but it's a good one for sleeping at this stage as it is barely detectable in breastmilk.

This means DH is doing night feeds, initially I was pumping in the middle of the night, but as I was producing more than twice what Grace needs I stopped doing that and am producing more like one and a half times what she needs, I'm recording what I produce each session and keeping track of totals for each day, at the moment it's pretty constant, but if it starts to drop off I'll have to consider what to do, though hopefully she'll be breastfeeding directly unless we want her to do otherwise.

No comments: