Tuesday, June 9, 2009

busy day

Today has been very busy, but we survived! I'm tired now, but way better than it would have felt a few days ago, I took a painkiller in the morning then didn't feel the need until the last hour or so of the day.

I now have 4 trays of moussaka in the freezer and one in the fridge, the only thing remaining to be done to them is sprinkle grated cheese on top, which is a job for Andrew! Our regular shopping delivery being on a Monday and the cleaners coming on Wednesday makes Tuesday a good day for bulk cooking. Now I have to think of something for next week, maybe chicken enchiladas, probably chicken anyway.

Sausage Boy finishes school on Friday, which will make mornings slightly more relaxed, we will still have regular commitments as we signed them both up for a gymnastics class on Wednesdays and his dancing doesn't take a summer break.

An idea we came up with was to plan at least one exciting trip per week, where we do something touristy, this could be a bit challenging with pumping, I'll have to look and see if I can get an adapter to use the pump in the car, or use another pump, I have a hand pump and my less fancy double electric can be used with batteries, so I do have options. So far trip ideas include Seattle Zoo, which apparently has a new penguin exhibit. Possibly the aquarium, which has had a new section opened since we last went. Banana Girl has never actually been up the Space Needle, though ideally we should have done that before she turns 4, as that's when they start charging, though that doesn't apply if we do the restaurant.

We'll also hopefully do some of the Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop, this is an annual event in late June, where quilt shops in the area join together and have some special fabric designed and then each shop provides you with instructions and some bits to make a block. It's rather fun to take the chance to visit quilt shops and I enjoy making the blocks too, I haven't actually finished a quilt from either 2007 or 2008, but I have made progress, in fact I might take the opportunity of this year's event to try and find some fabric to tie together the quilt I've designed from my 2007 blocks.

No comments: