Monday, June 1, 2009

a better day

No tears today! Which sets me on the road of believing that my tearfulness over the past few days probably was just a case of the baby blues!

We took Grace in to the Women's Center for a postpartum visit, which made me crave the British system of midwife and health visitor visits at home. Her weight was 2 and a bit ounces up from Friday, which is perfect, but they still want us to come in and weigh her again on Wednesday - then in the almost the same breath are reminding you that you've just had major surgery and should be taking it easy!

I feel much more hopeful looking to the future now, even just thinking about little things. One thing I managed to do before things went really crazy was to stock the freezer well with meals and I think I've figured out a plan to at least partially maintain that, which is that if each week I pick a single recipe, but make multiple servings of it, then I'll end up putting in at least half as many as I take out each week, or even equal as I add in some meals each week that don't come from the freezer, not everything freezes well and it can get quite boring always eating things that have been frozen.

My plan for the first meal is Moussaka, a friend brought round a meal last week that was sort of lasagna, but with sliced courgette (zucchini) rather than layers of pasta and it made me think of moussaka, which I've only made once before, when we got aubergine (eggplant) in a veg box, but it's relatively simple to make and should freeze well, so I'm going for it!

No comments: