Thursday, May 14, 2009

insomnia!

It's 4.35 and I'm awake, not just awake, but wide awake! One thing that people don't get about narcolepsy, is that the lack of control over sleep applies to both falling asleep when you don't want to AND to not being able to when you do want to!

Today is a busy day anyway and not sleeping is going to make it a tough one, I have three appointments, 9am, 11am and 2pm. The first is counselling, which I'm still not convinced is helpful. Then it's the long trek to the PT, it's a way to go each week, but this one really is worth it. Finally I have an appointment with the OB we first saw last week, I'm very close to saying I want an elective c-section. The idea petrifies me, but the closer the birth gets, the greater the fears of a repeat of last time and the further I'm prepared to go to avoid any risk of a repeat.

No comments: