Wednesday, April 1, 2009

side effects

The terbutaline I'm supposed to take if I have more than 6 contractions per hour is really unpleasant, it makes me feel sick, makes me tremor, my heart races, I get hot and sweaty, generally don't feel good at all.

I woke up with some pretty strong contractions this morning, not sure whether they woke me, or I woke up and then noticed them, it doesn't bode well for the effectiveness of resting if after 8 hours in bed they come on that strong and frequent.

The medication has some effect, but it's not stunning, if I counted I suspect I'd still be above 6 an hour even at the peak of it's effect.

For some reason last night and this morning I had an impending sense of doom that my waters were going to break, I don't really trust impeding senses of doom as predictors of real life, so I don't think it means anything, I think it might be a case of my brain interpreting pressure I'm feeling down below as something it's possibly related to.

I don't really understand how it's possible that from the outside I look to be carrying very high, but to be also feeling so much pressure from the inside. I hope I'm not having a giant baby!

No comments: