Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Halfway!

A lot of people yell half way at 20 weeks of pregnancy, which considering that best case scenario is finding out a few days before 4 weeks and delivery could be at 42 weeks, is mathematically incorrect (which I just couldn't do!) and psychologically not very helpful either. Assuming I do deliver by 40+3 (not unreasonable considering I've never gone past my due date before) and given that we found out at 4+3, today, when I am 22 weeks and 3 days pregnant really is half way. Woo hoo!

The 2nd half is likely to be more difficult than the first half. There will also be more appointments as my midwives move from 4 weekly to 2 weekly at 30 weeks and then at some point down to weekly and if there is any concern about the growth of this baby, it will be weekly sooner.

No comments: