Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday musings

DH has had a conference all this week, which has meant he's been leaving early and mostly getting back late which has meant I've done all the school drop offs this week. It's turned out better than I expected, I feel tired now, but I'm not sure it's any different to usual.

I took the kids to the dentist today, it went really well, the kids responded great to it and everyone treated them really well, it's the same place I went to so they are not a specific paediatric dentist, which is what most people seem to use around here. I haven't been to any other dentist in the US, so I can't say how this compares to anywhere else, but it's very different to any dentist I've been to in the UK, the easiest description is to compare it to the change from delivery rooms with equipment on display to labour and delivery rooms with everything carefully hidden.

They seem keen on cleaning teeth here, which wouldn't be done for kids this age in the UK, but it seemed to go fine, they got to choose the colour of their toothpaste and the technician dealt really well with all the wriggles.

We intended to practice dancing tonight, the past few lessons we've really been loaded with stuff we need to work on, it turned out to be frustrating as the studio ended up closing early, so we only got about 20 minutes, so it felt like a bit of a wasted trip out. Frustratingly I also felt a couple of sharper twingers from my symphysis pubis, which is probably a sign of things getting more mobile, I've noticed my hips loosening up in the past couple of days too, at 18 weeks this isn't really a great sign.

No comments: