Friday, December 5, 2008

is it the wheat or not?

Who knows, but I've done almost a week completely wheat free and I do feel better, I've not suddenly got masses of energy, but my body does seem to be at least keeping up with my brain. Afternoons are still hard, I do need to get some rest, but it's the getting going again after I've had some rest that seems to be tricky, but that's in my head!

Other things that wheat might effect seem to be moving more smoothly ;-).

Wheat free baking has been fun, so far I've only done pastry and given that's not something I'm very experienced at anyway, it's hard to tell if it's the type of flour that is making the difference. Just at this moment I have a batch of 24 mince pies in the oven, this time with brown rice flour!

At whole foods, I bought some tea for expectant mothers, it's a blend, including red raspberry leaf, but also peppermint and a few other bits and bobs, I'm loving drinking it in the mornings, I used to drink English tea with milk, but for some unknown reason I've really gone off it this pregnancy, but I don't really go for any other hot drink, at least not first thing in the morning. But I've been really enjoying sipping this tea!

No comments: