Friday, December 12, 2008

fake tan

One of those things about competitive dancing that I don't like is fake tan - I've nothing against getting dressed up and showing off, though it's not that normal for me in general. This comp is the first time I've actually got full details from our coach as to exactly which products and how to use them - I got a product called Pro Tan from a health store that seems to in reality be a store for body builders!

It's got a much higher percentage of the relevant chemicals than drug store fake tans - it's also got some colour in it so you can see where you are putting it. It's quite a thin liquid that you spray onto a foam brush to apply. It took a fair amount of time 30-45 minutes to do my whole body and required help to do the hard to reach parts, at first I looked in the mirror and hated what I saw, but as I got my whole body done it started to look ok, fake, but ok! However it will develop overnight and I've been instructed to do at least two, if not three coats!

I have to admit that once you're on the dance floor, untanned actually looks white and ghostly and tan looks good - but I'm jealous of those people who racially don't need to do this because they are already a colour that looks good!

No comments: